I know most of you know this but in case you don't know, I love watching movies! So much so that I spent four years in college getting a degree in movies. Given this, I thought I'd share a few of the movies I want to see, with y'all. So grab some popcorn and settle into the couch!!
I'm always intrigued by stories about someone who doesn't grow old. That story line combined with the cast has peeked my interest enough to want to see The Age of Adaline. Plus, I love her name!
A movie that encompasses music? I'm all in! I may be more excited about this soundtrack than anything.
I've been obsessed with Peter Pan ever since season three of Once Upon A Time landed us in Neverland! So I was super excited to see that they're re-doing this classic tale, with a twist of course!
I know that this one is already out but it's still on my list! I found out that there's a book, so I'd like to read it before I see the movie. It seems like a movie I'll need lots of tissues in order to get through.
Aaahhh!! This one looks too cute! Plus, I'm pretty sure it's going to be an adaptation of what's going in inside my head most days! (Disney just gets me!)
I love Mark Ruffalo and will pretty much watch any movie he's in; this movie seems like a coming of age tale for a father. I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.
Let me just say, I teared up just watching this trailer! I'm such a sucker for sweet dog movies. I may have to splurge and see this one on the big screen!
I love a good superhero movie and I'm hoping that this version is done better than the last one they released. *fingers crossed*.
What movies are you dying to see?
In January, I started this series called, "Home" in order to give y'all a glimpse of some of my favorite places in, and around, Augusta. And this month I want to show y'all one of my favorite places to get a cup of coffee.
I'm not usually one who likes to sit in a coffee shop to get stuff done; I usually just end up people-watching. But occasionally I like to get out of the house in hopes that I'll actually be productive. Regardless of what happens, my favorite coffee shop is New Moon.
It's right in the heart of downtown Augusta, locally owned, and they have the best coffee!!
Not only do they have great coffee, they also have pretty good food! My favorite is their Sonoma chicken salad.
And who can go into a coffee shop and not buy coffee?!?! Not this girl! Remember I said I was cutting back on my caffeine intake? That's why I bought decaf. Plus, you can't get whole bean decaf coffee in the store here.
And to add on to the goodness, there's book store right next door that I could get lost in for hours! I actually have to limit the amount of times I can go into a book store, otherwise I would never be able to stick to my budget. Given this, I don't get to spend as much time in here as I'd like but every once in a while I let myself venture in.
And this is the book I bought! One of my co-workers recommended it a few months ago and I'm excited to read it! Of course, I'll be reading it after I finish the other five books I bought earlier this year. I really do have a problem!
Where do you like to go to get some work done?
Happy Spring ya'll! It doesn't have the same ring as "happy fall y'all" but I do love spring! I would prefer the cold weather over the hot summer heat but I always find great joy once spring rolls around!
These are some of my favorite things about spring:
1. warm weather:: like I said, I prefer cold weather to hot, but in springtime, I love the warm days that make me feel like a kid again.
2. longer days:: it's always great when I get off work for my dinner break and it's still light outside. It also means I usually get to catch the sunset on my way back to work!
3. festivals:: who doesn't love a Saturday spent outside in the warm, fresh air?
4. milkshakes/ice cream:: I actually eat ice cream and milkshakes year-around but they're even better in the spring.
5. grilled food:: I'm not a big fan of cooking, so being able to cook an entire meal on the grill is the best! Plus there's almost no clean up!
6. fresh flowers:: I never used to understand people's obsession with flowers and then one day it was like a light bulb came on and now I love them! So much so, I think I'm going to get a planet this year. Here's to hoping I can keep it alive.
7. fresh fruit:: what can I say? They're so yummy!
8. shorts/bright dresses/racer-back tees:: even though it means I have to shave my legs more often, I love breaking out my spring/summer wardrobe! I usually have a few pieces that I bought at the end of the season the year before that I'd forgotten about; it's like getting new clothes!
9. Chacos!:: I love my Chacos and wear them almost every day! I can't wait to blow the dust off of them and take them on a walk!
10. driving with the windows down:: This, too, is something I like to do year around but it's more pleasant in the spring! In fact, I'm working on a playlist for April meant just for riding around with the windows down!
What are some of your favorite things about Spring?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place