Things I wish I'd known when I graduated college:
It's hard to believe it's been a little over three years since I graduated college! The time really does fly, and as I sit reflecting on how much has changed in these three years, there are a lot of things that I wish I'd known right out of college. And given the fact that there are now thousands of college grads on the loose, I thought I'd share some of those things with y'all -- in hopes of sparing y'all some of the lessons I had to learn the hard way.
- you may not get your dream job right away... and you'll be okay
- the job you end up with may not be what you want to do at all!
- but there are things to be learned from every experience
- your salary may not be all that you hoped for
- before you accept an job with an hourly pay, calculate how much that will total out annually.
- you don't have to say yes to the first job you're offered
- you can go anywhere you want! (in most cases)
- your friendships will look totally different now
- making new friends may be difficult, but just give it time
- yes! budgets are important. you need to make one and stick to it
All in all, these last three years have been a whirlwind of emotions -- high hopes met with difficult realities, new experiences and the discovery of God's goodness in the midst of darkness.
I'm hoping that your transitional times are a lot smoother than mine were.
Anyone else have any wisdom they want to share about post-grad life?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place