The New year comes with the feelings of being able to start over, to clean off the black board a re-do any bad choices from the previous year. But before we jump into a list of resolutions, there's the party... which is always my favorite part.
This year, my roommates and I are the ones hosting. So naturally I've spent the last two weeks looking at Pinterest for any ideas I can get for decorating our house without overspending. And here are five of my favorite recommendations!
1. use your tree:: or at least some of the decorations. I bought some gold and silver balls to put into vases on our make-shift mantel. And since Christmas has past, they were less than $2 for 12 from my local Christmas store.
2. balloons:: even though we're no longer 8, balloons can still make any party look nice without costing too much. I'm planning on making this fun wall "collage" in our dining room.
You can also use them to display some of your favorite pictures from the year.
3. when in doubt, add glitter:: in the words of Ke$ha, "throw some glitter make it rain on 'em." Add this craft herpes to just about anything for a fun New Year's Eve decoration. You can even put it in the balloons. My favorite idea has been to put it on the champagne bottles you'll open at the start of the new year.
4. all of the kisses:: the candy. Almost everyone wants a kiss at midnight to ring in the new year and here's an easy way to make that happen... even if it is just chocolate. I even found some printables to stick on the bottoms of them to make them festive.
5. lights:: everyone loves a good string of twinkle lights right? Use these as part of a backdrop for a photo booth or just as a way to light up a room without using those over head lights (I think those are the worst).
I hope these are helpful for any fellow procrastinators!
Do you have any New Year's Eve decor hacks?
I know most of you know this but in case you don't know, I love watching movies! So much so that I spent four years in college getting a degree in movies. Given this, I thought I'd share a few of the movies I want to see, with y'all. So grab some popcorn and settle into the couch!!
I'm always intrigued by stories about someone who doesn't grow old. That story line combined with the cast has peeked my interest enough to want to see The Age of Adaline. Plus, I love her name!
A movie that encompasses music? I'm all in! I may be more excited about this soundtrack than anything.
I've been obsessed with Peter Pan ever since season three of Once Upon A Time landed us in Neverland! So I was super excited to see that they're re-doing this classic tale, with a twist of course!
I know that this one is already out but it's still on my list! I found out that there's a book, so I'd like to read it before I see the movie. It seems like a movie I'll need lots of tissues in order to get through.
Aaahhh!! This one looks too cute! Plus, I'm pretty sure it's going to be an adaptation of what's going in inside my head most days! (Disney just gets me!)
I love Mark Ruffalo and will pretty much watch any movie he's in; this movie seems like a coming of age tale for a father. I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.
Let me just say, I teared up just watching this trailer! I'm such a sucker for sweet dog movies. I may have to splurge and see this one on the big screen!
I love a good superhero movie and I'm hoping that this version is done better than the last one they released. *fingers crossed*.
What movies are you dying to see?
It's been 28 days since my last post, the longest time I've gone without posting since I started this blog. But honestly, I think it's been a great break. In the last four weeks I've enjoyed time with old friends, made new ones and had a great time in Seattle.
Given that it's my first day back, I thought that pictures would be the easiest way to catch y'all up on my month!
I've definitely enjoyed these past few weeks but I'm ready to jump back into the blogging world and excited for the new year!
How was your month?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place