I know most of you know this but in case you don't know, I love watching movies! So much so that I spent four years in college getting a degree in movies. Given this, I thought I'd share a few of the movies I want to see, with y'all. So grab some popcorn and settle into the couch!!
I'm always intrigued by stories about someone who doesn't grow old. That story line combined with the cast has peeked my interest enough to want to see The Age of Adaline. Plus, I love her name!
A movie that encompasses music? I'm all in! I may be more excited about this soundtrack than anything.
I've been obsessed with Peter Pan ever since season three of Once Upon A Time landed us in Neverland! So I was super excited to see that they're re-doing this classic tale, with a twist of course!
I know that this one is already out but it's still on my list! I found out that there's a book, so I'd like to read it before I see the movie. It seems like a movie I'll need lots of tissues in order to get through.
Aaahhh!! This one looks too cute! Plus, I'm pretty sure it's going to be an adaptation of what's going in inside my head most days! (Disney just gets me!)
I love Mark Ruffalo and will pretty much watch any movie he's in; this movie seems like a coming of age tale for a father. I'm interested in seeing how the story plays out. I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.
Let me just say, I teared up just watching this trailer! I'm such a sucker for sweet dog movies. I may have to splurge and see this one on the big screen!
I love a good superhero movie and I'm hoping that this version is done better than the last one they released. *fingers crossed*.
What movies are you dying to see?
I know, I just published a post last week about not watching so much tv and spending more time with friends. Much like the story, "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie," after you've spent quality time with friends, you'll want to watch a good show or two (or five).
I love watching tv show because, as opposed to a movie, it can be watched within a small time frame. And lately, my attention span is not what it used to be. So when I want to watch tv with dinner or lunch, it's much earlier to start a tv show than a movie. Anyway, enough chit chat, time to get to the good stuff! My top five favorite fall television shows!
1. How To Get Away with Murder:: this one is in it's first season and I was hooked from the first episode! I think it's a good mix between teacher-teaches-student and courtroom-crime scene. But I have to be honest and say that the only reason I started watching is because Alfred Enoch played Dean Thomas in Harry Potter. And y'all know how much I love my Harry Potter.
2. The Originals:: how can you go wrong with a vengeful vampire/werewolf hybrid and the people that love him? This show has never failed to keep me totally engaged and on my guard. You really never know who else they'll pull from the other side. And did anyone watch this week's episode? It was GREAT!!
3. The Vampire Diaries:: Are you showed at this one? I started watching theses on Netflix during it's fourth season and last year I was caught up enough to watch it weekly. I think it's fair to say that they've had some ups and downs and lately I'm wondering if they'll make it to season seven. No matter what, I'm definitely team Caroline and Stefan.
4. Parenthood:: another show that I fell in love with on Netflix. I've loved getting to know all of the characters. I also really appreciate the fact that not everything is comfortable and easy in their lives, I like that they too have joys and disappointments. What I haven't liked is the whole Joel and Julie split. I'm ready for the both of them to come to their senses and realize that they don't want to live life without each other.
5. Forever:: I really enjoy the sci-fy meets crime scene investigation aspect of this show! Plus I appreciate a show that doesn't leave me biting my nails until the next episode. My heart can only take so much suspense.
I don't think it's a secret any more, but just an case anyone isn't aware, I love movies!! And because they're such a big part of my life, I wanted to share with y'all the movies I most excited about seeing this season. A few of these I've put on the media page, but I've since added to the list.
Into the Woods
So I my first encounter with this play was in high school; we watched a tape of the show in drama II, my junior year and I loved it! I'm super excited to see what they've done with it and I'll probably be one of the first in line to see it!
Out of all the genres of film, war movies are definitely my favorite! I feel like you get a little of everything; you get a little laughter, some frustration, action and sometimes a little romance. I feel like war movies are the Wal-Mart of movies: one-stop shop!
Speaking of getting a little of everything, I just saw this trailer last week and I'm super excited about this all too cute Disney Pixar movie!
The Theory of Everything
This is just a trailer that I stumbled upon why on IMDb and it seems pretty good! I don't know much about Stephen Hawking, so perhaps I'll do some reading up before I see the movie.
The Maze Runner
Someone gifted this book to me a few Christmas's ago and I loved the first book. But I'll have to say that as I read each book, the story got progressively worse. I want to see the movie more out of curiosity than anything; just to see how the movie compares with the book.
Everyone has been talking about this movie and I see the trailer every time I turn on the television. It just had it's opening weekend and it was number one at the box office, earning $38 million. I'm excited to watch it, but I think I'll read the book first.
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 1
It' here!!! I read these books back in 2011 and have looked forward to every movie since. I'm really disappointed that they would separate the last book into two movies, but what can you do! I've also really enjoyed the soundtracks to these movies so I'm excited for that to be released as well!
What movies are you most excited about seeing? Have you seen any good ones lately?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place