Day 10|Ten things that you love about yourself.
Ten things I love about myself? This is so hard, I typically avoid answering questions like this; I just feel like I'm tooting my own horn. But I'm going to put on my big girl pants and take a shot at answering this one. Deep breaths... here we go.
1. my love for reading:: "the man who does not read good books, has no power of the man who can't read them." Mark Twain. I have a deep rooted passion for books and the stories they tell. It's something I hope to never loose.
2. my listening skills:: I may not be the first to pipe up in a group but I'd say that I'm a pretty good listener! Which is one reason I'm a great hostess; my 3rd favorite thing about myself!
3. my hospitality:: I love welcoming others into my home and life! I always want the new person of the group to feel comfortable and I try my best to make sure that happens.
4. my adventurous heart:: I love traditions, but I find great joy in discovering the unknown. I want to go to new places, in my city, and even the world. I would say that there's a part of me that longs to always be on the move.
5. my love for learning:: along with my adventurous heart, I never want to stop learning! I'm the girl who actually misses her classes from college, not just the hang outs with friends -- although those were great too. But, I'll be honest and say that I only want to learn about things that fascinate me. I don't need to know how the whole world works, just those parts of it that catch my attention.
6. my written communication skills:: duh! This blog is exhibit A. I love writing, whether it's in this space, or a sweet note to a friend. Writing is how I best express myself, ask me to express my thoughts verbally and we may be here all day.
7. my silliness:: I'm a goof-ball sometimes, or as a friend of mine likes to say, I'm a goober! I can make a joke out of, just about, every situation and most of the time I do. I love to laugh and to share that laughter with those around me.
8. my tattoo:: I have a tattoo on my left ring finger that most people don't realize is there. It says, 7:10, from Song of Solomon 7:10 which says, "I am my beloved's and his desire is for me." I got it my last week of college and it's something that constantly reminds me that I belong to God despite my circumstances -- something I need a lot of lately.
9. my height:: I know you can't tell from my picture, but I'm an even 6' tall. And I love it! This used to be something that I was always self-conscious about growing up, but I've long since gotten over it! Longs legs, don't care!
10. my sleeping habits:: I'm always ready to hit the sheets! I can fall asleep like no-one else; if it was a sport, I'd be MVP!
What are somethings you love about yourself?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place