The New year comes with the feelings of being able to start over, to clean off the black board a re-do any bad choices from the previous year. But before we jump into a list of resolutions, there's the party... which is always my favorite part.
This year, my roommates and I are the ones hosting. So naturally I've spent the last two weeks looking at Pinterest for any ideas I can get for decorating our house without overspending. And here are five of my favorite recommendations!
1. use your tree:: or at least some of the decorations. I bought some gold and silver balls to put into vases on our make-shift mantel. And since Christmas has past, they were less than $2 for 12 from my local Christmas store.
2. balloons:: even though we're no longer 8, balloons can still make any party look nice without costing too much. I'm planning on making this fun wall "collage" in our dining room.
You can also use them to display some of your favorite pictures from the year.
3. when in doubt, add glitter:: in the words of Ke$ha, "throw some glitter make it rain on 'em." Add this craft herpes to just about anything for a fun New Year's Eve decoration. You can even put it in the balloons. My favorite idea has been to put it on the champagne bottles you'll open at the start of the new year.
4. all of the kisses:: the candy. Almost everyone wants a kiss at midnight to ring in the new year and here's an easy way to make that happen... even if it is just chocolate. I even found some printables to stick on the bottoms of them to make them festive.
5. lights:: everyone loves a good string of twinkle lights right? Use these as part of a backdrop for a photo booth or just as a way to light up a room without using those over head lights (I think those are the worst).
I hope these are helpful for any fellow procrastinators!
Do you have any New Year's Eve decor hacks?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place