When prompted with the question, "What makes you happy?" I always seem to go into automatic shut down. I feel like I'm under some sort of interrogation when put on the spot with what seems like such a heavy question. I've thought long and hard about this and have come up with five, genuine things that make me happy.
1. Coffee: I feel like I say this in just about every post, but coffee was the first thing to pop into my mind when I thought about what truly makes me happy. I love the smell of the fresh ground beans, and the sound my coffee maker makes when it's sucking up the last bit of water -- you know the gurgling I'm talking about. And what's not to love about the warm feeling it gives you as you sip it slowly throughout your morning.
2. Books: Now, if you were to add in a good book with that coffee, I might just say yes to anything you ask me at the time. I love books, I love crawling back under the covers and into the lives of complete strangers (kind of creepy, I know). I would say that I love them even more than movies, because in a movie you may fall in love with a character for two hours and then it's over.
But with a book (especially if you take your time reading it) you may spend days or weeks with those same characters. And if you're anything like me, you begin to feel like you know them.
3. Music: Give me a guitar/piano and a good voice and, again, I'm putty in your hands! Music is how I feel inspirited; it helps me to clear my head. And I often find that I do my best thinking when I'm listening to a good playlist. For instance, right now I'm listening to The Oh Hello's Radio on Pandora -- it's so good!!
4. Sunsets: These beauties never fail to take my breath away. When life seems to over take me with worry and stress, they remind me of the Lord's sovereignty. They remind me that He only creates beautiful things and that He can be trusted, something that has been a struggle for me these last few months.
5. Water: Not out of a glass, I mean a body of water. Put my by a lake/river/steam and my heart remembers to slow down and to take in life as is comes. Again, throw in a book and life is good!
What are somethings that make you happy?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place