Happy Spring ya'll! It doesn't have the same ring as "happy fall y'all" but I do love spring! I would prefer the cold weather over the hot summer heat but I always find great joy once spring rolls around!
These are some of my favorite things about spring:
1. warm weather:: like I said, I prefer cold weather to hot, but in springtime, I love the warm days that make me feel like a kid again.
2. longer days:: it's always great when I get off work for my dinner break and it's still light outside. It also means I usually get to catch the sunset on my way back to work!
3. festivals:: who doesn't love a Saturday spent outside in the warm, fresh air?
4. milkshakes/ice cream:: I actually eat ice cream and milkshakes year-around but they're even better in the spring.
5. grilled food:: I'm not a big fan of cooking, so being able to cook an entire meal on the grill is the best! Plus there's almost no clean up!
6. fresh flowers:: I never used to understand people's obsession with flowers and then one day it was like a light bulb came on and now I love them! So much so, I think I'm going to get a planet this year. Here's to hoping I can keep it alive.
7. fresh fruit:: what can I say? They're so yummy!
8. shorts/bright dresses/racer-back tees:: even though it means I have to shave my legs more often, I love breaking out my spring/summer wardrobe! I usually have a few pieces that I bought at the end of the season the year before that I'd forgotten about; it's like getting new clothes!
9. Chacos!:: I love my Chacos and wear them almost every day! I can't wait to blow the dust off of them and take them on a walk!
10. driving with the windows down:: This, too, is something I like to do year around but it's more pleasant in the spring! In fact, I'm working on a playlist for April meant just for riding around with the windows down!
What are some of your favorite things about Spring?
twenty-something, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, lover of all things media. welcome to the journey girl trying to find her place